In which Danielle Moonstar is the Wolverine of the New Mutants, Henry Peter Gyrich is the Walter Peck of the Marvel Universe, Michael Rossi is no Peter Corbeau, Xavier is a Brood Queen (who is a jerk), Bob McLeod draws really good teenagers, the New Mutants do an after-school special, Chris Sims drops in for some emergency X-Plaining, Elsie Carson is the Harvey and Janet of Hydra, and Team America is generally sort of baffling.
- Brood stuff
- The original New Mutants (more) (again)
- The New Mutants #1-6
- Dani vs. the Danger Room
- Mall stories
- Neighborhood kids
- Henry Peter Gyrich
- Sebastian Shaw (again)
- Project Wideawake (sort of)
- Michael Rossi
- A poorly-timed crossover
- Gabrielle Haller
- A profoundly unethical relationship
- A Very Special Episode
- Magnum, P.I.
- Team America (but not that one)
- Elsie Carson, middle manager of Hydra
- The Girl With the Silver Eyes
- X-Men reading order
Chris Sims' brief history of Team America:
- I've decided to read the X-Men from the get-go, and I want to be thorough. But I also want to get the most coherent narrative. In regards to the Summers, you chose to go into depth with the Deadly Genesis retcon. But with Phoenix you specifically chose to examine it with retcons removed. Which way do you suggest to go through the X-Men in order to have the most rewarding experience?
- Whom in your opinion is the most 90s X-character that's since been the best redeemed? Discounting Deadpool off the bat, because, well, he needs to be discounted.