In which we more or less prepare you for the upcoming feature film; Rachel Summers is a black hole of continuity; Kitty Pryde breaks the Danger Room; Earth 200500 is clearly the best earth; even the X-Men have no idea what’s going on; First Class Emma Frost is so boring that we forget she exists; wolverines are definitely not wolves; and you can have Rachel’s Community references when you pry them from her cold, dead hands.
Cold Open Edit
- Rachel Summers
- “Days of Future Past”
- Gravestone engraving standards of 2013
- The Mostly-New, Mostly-Different Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
- Another unfortunate hat
- Causality in the Marvel Multiverse
- Earths 811, 1191, 295, 311, and 200500
- Hall monitors with laser rifles
- How to fix a broken timeline
- The X-Men cinematic universe, and points of divergence from the comics
- The one thing X-Men: The Last Stand does right
- The Xavier Index of Cinematic Continuity
- The difference between Canis lupus and Gulo gulo
- A Days of Future Past cinematic cram course
- Fix-it fic
- Blink, Bishop, and dark-future mash-ups
- The enduring appeal of Earth-811
- The significantly less enduring appeal of Earth-242
- The Nazi Excalibur of Earth-597
- It's been 30 years since DoFP. Why does this storyline keep getting mined?
- What, in your estimation, is truly the DARKEST X-Men timeline and why? Show your work.